Voluntary & Community Sector

Voluntary Sector

The Voluntary and Community sector (VCS), sometimes known as the Third Sector are not for profit organisations who deliver a variety of professional services to children, young people and families. This section provides information, guidance and resources for professionals within the VCS working with children, young people and families.

Report Abuse

If you have concern a child is being harmed as a result of abuse or neglect, you must not keep this to  yourself, report it immediately.

Concerns by employers about an adult working in a position of trust with children or young people should be reported to the Bradford Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO) who manages allegations against adults working in a position of trust with children. The contact details for the LADO in Bradford are 01274 435908 or cpuduty@bradford.gov.uk

Employers must inform the local authority designated officer (LADO) within one working day when an allegation is made and prior to any further investigation taking place

If an allegation is substantiated and the person is dismissed or the employer ceases to use the person’s service or the person resigns or otherwise ceases to provide his/her services, the LADO should discuss with the employer whether a referral should be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).  If a referral is to be made to the DBS; it should be submitted within one month of the allegation being substantiated.

For overview of referral process see:

Bradford Allegations / Concerns Against Staff and Volunteers Child Protection Process Flowchart

See full details on local guidance for Allegations Against Persons who Work with Children

Sending information securely

Young Lives Bradford has produced guidance on how to send information securely using Galaxkey software which is currently used by Bradford Council and other partners when sending sensitive information that needs to be kept confidential.

Safeguarding adults

For information and resources relating to Safeguarding Adults please refer to the Safeguarding Adults Board (SAB), Bradford Council

Please use the drop-down menus above to navigate around this section and the rest of the site.

Click here to find out about BSCB training courses

Safeguarding Children in Bradford