Our Multi-Agency Child Protection Training Schedule offers a range of courses. Details of these courses are available below.
Course Flyers – April 2019-March 2020
- Allegations Management (Managers training)
- Child Protection Conferences and Core Groups. Applying Signs of Safety in Practice.
- Communication Matters: talking, listening, telling (NEW FOR 2019)
- Domestic Abuse – Through the Eyes of a Child (NEW FOR 2019)
- Domestic Homicide and Serious Case Reviews (NEW FOR 2019)
- Neglect: Can you recognise it and what should you do?
- Safeguarding Analysis and Assessment Training (SAAF)
- Safeguarding Children & Young People – A Shared Responsibility
- Safeguarding Disabled Children – Basic Awareness (NEW FOR 2019)
- Safeguarding Disabled Children – Working in the Margins (NEW FOR 2019)
- Safer Recruitment (Managers training)
- Training for Trainers (Regional) – a copy of the application form can be downloaded here
- Understanding Child Sexual Abuse
- Working with Disguised Compliance
- Working with Resistant Families
There are a number of learning opportunities available via e-learning both through us and nationally including our ‘Awareness of Child Abuse and Neglect’ module.
Other training available through our partners or nationally
- CAMHS universal training – FREE training available for the non-mental-health-trained child and adolescent workforce.
- Domestic Abuse training – internal council staff or external staff
- Early Years training – various courses including Lead Practitioner Safeguarding, introduction to safeguarding training for early years settings
- Education DSL/Named Person training – Please contact the Education Safeguarding Team who provide this training.
- Forced Marriage and Honour Based Violence training – internal council staff or external staff
- Human Trafficking and Modern Day Slavery training – internal council staff or external staff
There is also various practice forums and briefing sessions put on throughout the year which will be advertised via your agency training reps and on the events section of our website.
Monday 24th to Friday 28th June is Safeguarding Week 2019 – please see the Safeguarding Week section of our website for further details.
Anyone applying for our face to face courses must have done our ‘Awareness of Child Abuse and Neglect’ e-learning package or some form of face to face basic child protection training in the last 2-3 years. Please see the course flyer/schedule for any other individual course pre-requisites.
Booking your place
Please click the relevant link below to the Learn and Develop /Evolve website to log in/create an account and use the search field in the top right hand corner to find the course you wish to book on.
Please note to access the course booking system you will need to use an up to date Internet Explorer browser 10 or above or Google Chrome.
External employees (and any casual council staff or those without a bradford.gov e-mail)
Please note – external users will need to sign up/sign into their account before being able to view accurate places available as each course is set into allocations for the individual agencies so will only show once it knows where you work. If the course date you want is full you can e-mail us to be placed on the waiting list.
Most of our courses run from 9.30am to 4.30pm, with registration from 9am and our half day courses 9.30am to 12.30pm. This will be stated on the course flyer and confirmation e-mail. Please ensure you can attend the whole course prior to booking.
The demand for places on training courses is high and we want to make sure every place booked is a place used.
We incur costs in order to provide courses and need to be assured that we are spending our budget wisely.
A cancellation charge will be applied for all places unless:
- Notice of the need to cancel the place has been received by the BSCB Training Administrator [by email or telephone] at least 5 working days prior for ½ and 1 day courses or at least 10 working days prior for 2 day courses.
- You/your agency have identified a suitable substitute to attend in your place.
Please click on the venue map you require from the list below:
For any queries, please contact:
Rachael Hammond or Michelle Jones