Advice and guidance
For safeguarding advice and information for the voluntary sector professionals (staff or volunteers) can contact Dionne Norman at the Young Lives Bradford team at Community Action Bradford and District on 07422 966 143 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Young Lives Bradford (YLB) is a project of Community Action Bradford & District. We support a network of VCS organisations (approx. 300+ members) who deliver services to children, young people and families in the District. We provide:
- advice and information on Safeguarding.
- regular, up-to-date information via our weekly newsletter (circulation approx. 550), twitter and regular networking events on issues relating to children and young people’s services within Bradford District. To receive our free weekly newsletter visit our sign-up page.
- a voice for the voluntary and community sector at all levels of Bradford’s Children’s Trust and the Bradford Safeguarding Children Board through our VCS Reps and ourVCS Safeguarding Steering Group.
Free and low cost Safeguarding training is available in the District from the following agencies:
Bradford Safeguarding Children Board
BSCB Training is free to BSCB members, which includes the voluntary and community sector. Visit the BSCB training section of this website to access details of the free face to face training and the excellent range of free e-learning resources. We recommend that groups make use of the e-learning either by encouraging staff and volunteers to access the training individually, or groups could consider facilitating a group learning session using the e-learning.
Community Action Bradford & District (CABAD)
Community Action provide low cost training for the voluntary and community sector, here are the Safeguarding courses we currently run:
– Basic Safeguarding training (available for in-house delivery on request contact
– Designated Safeguarding Officer (one day face to face training)*
– Safeguarding for Trustees (3 hour face to face training)*
To find out when our courses are running take a look at our training calendar.
For enquiries about CABAD training email email@example.com or call 07419 133797.
Our CABAD training team also provide a range of low cost training for the voluntary sector including First Aid and Health and Safety which may be of interest to groups working with children and young people. To receive regular training updates sign up to the mailing list
BMDC Workforce Development Unit provide a range of training including Safeguarding for professionals which can be accessed by voluntary and community sector organisations.
Designated Safeguarding Leads and Safer Schools Police Officers are invited to book places on one of two briefings led by Bradford Council’s Prevent Team and the North East Counter Terrorism Unit. The briefings take place on 26 April and 4 May both from 1.30-3.30 and will discuss the following:
- The current risk levels in the district and how this risk specifically relates to young people
- Prevent myths and reality
- Expectations of safeguarding leads prior to referral and when you need to refer to Prevent
- Example case studies, including examples of support provided to individuals who have been identified via the referral process
To find out more visit Bradford Schools Online
Other local support services
Bradford Local Offer
The Bradford Local Offer website provides information parents or carers about what activities and support is available in the local area to children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND).
Bradford Families Information Service
The Bradford Families Information Service provides Information, advice and support for families. The website pulls together local information on parenting, activities for children and families, advice on child-care support and children’s centres, bullying, health, bereavement, alcohol and drug misuse, housing and more.
Bradford Schools online
The Bradford Schools online website provides information and resources for educational settings in the District.
Diva Bradford is an online directory of VCS organisations and groups who deliver services across Bradford and District. This may be useful for people looking for additional support services for children, young people and families they may be working with.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 01274 781222.