Safeguarding Week – It’s Everybody’s Business
Safeguarding Week is an annual week of learning events coordinated by the Bradford Safeguarding Children Board in collaboration with the Safeguarding Adults Board, Domestic Abuse Partnership, Health and our other multi-agency partners.
The key purpose of the week is to provide a range of learning and development opportunities for staff and volunteers working in the sectors of safeguarding adults, domestic abuse and safeguarding children.
Safeguarding Week 2017 will run from Monday 9th to Friday 13th October 2017.
The 2017 programme is now live and can be accessed via the link below. Any flyers with extra details for events will also be listed here and added as and when received.
Monday 9th October
- When disordered eating becomes a safeguarding children issue
- Public Safeguarding Adults Conference ‘Making it Real’
- Signs of Safety – Local Area Gathering
Tuesday 10th October
- DBS ‘Safeguarding Together’ session
- Early Years Provision & Safeguarding
- Online Safety Conference for Primary & Secondary Schools
- Resilience – The Biology of stress & the science of hope
- Suicide Awareness – The Effect on Children and Young People
- Keeping Children Safe in Education sessions
- Dementia Friends Session and Discussion
- Working with FGM Practising Community to Safeguard our Girls
- Bradford People First – Information Stall
- Missing the Signs – How people with autism can fall through the net
- Making Safeguarding Personal
Wednesday 11th October
- Social Media; Child safety and professional responsibilities
- Human Trafficking & Modern Day Slavery Awareness Workshop
Thursday 12th October
Friday 13th October
Throughout the week
Why do Children in Bradford Die? (x 3 sessions)