The following criteria is a requirement for all places worship (Madrassas, Gudwaraas, Mandirs, Churches any other faith or none faith organisations) including Religious Home Tuition.
- The Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) helps employers make safer recruitment decisions and prevent unsuitable people from working with vulnerable groups, including children.
- Evidence of teacher’s qualifications’.
- Child protection, safeguarding and any other relevant training undertaken by faith teachers
- Complex health and disability.
- Children’s profile should include name, address, emergency numbers, health issues i.e. asthma, allergies; sight, hearing,etc. and any other family concerns or safety requirement relating to the child or people. The child’s profile should include an emergency action plan based on their health or any other percieved risks
- First Aiders & First Aid Box / First Aid Book
- Fire, Health & Safety (Ensure Fire Brigade/Gas/Electric Inspection record are up to date)
- Fire and smoke alarms, fire exits and fire extinguishers are fully installed and in working order. Furthermore carry out weekly fire tests and regular fire drills.
- Complying with building regulations, please contact Planning Department at Bradford / Keighley Town Hall Council Switchboard 01274 432111
- Road safety risk assessment
- Public & employees liability insurance
- Staff members should read and understand all relevant policies and procedures, including a code of conduct and legal obligation.
- To work in partnership with the Police, Fire Brigade; Probation, Environmental, Children & Adult Services
- To work in partnership with parents/carers and guardians
- Any one found of gross misconduct must be immediately reported to Bradford Safeguarding Board 01274 434343
- Referrals should also be made to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) when an employer or organisation believes a person has caused harm or poses a future risk of harm to vulnerable groups, including children.
- If you need help to refer someone call the referrals and barring team on 01325 953795 or email firstname.lastname@example.org We also recommend that you go to the DBS section of the homeoffice website.
Additional home tuition regulations
- Teaching 5 children requires written permission from the Planning Department at Bradford/Keighley Town Hall
- Teaching more than 5 children requires planning permission due to change of use from a residential to a business use, Advice to be sought from the Planning Department Bradford/Keighley Town Hall
Important information on how to keep supplementary schools and faith settings safe and within the law
If unsure of any of the above safeguarding measures please do not hesitate to contact Rashid Karolia (Safeguarding Advisor for Faith Settings) 01274434361 / 07582 100 996