The Multi-Agency Child Protection Training Schedule offers a range of courses. Details of these courses are available below.
Course Flyers – April 2017-March 2018
- Allegations Management (Managers training)
- Child Sexual Exploitation – a Resilience Approach for Families
- Core Groups – Making them Work in a Child Protection Case
- Neglect: Can you recognise it and what should you do?
- Safeguarding Analysis and Assessment Training (SAAF)
- Safeguarding Children – A Shared Responsibility
- Safer Recruitment (Managers training)
- Training for Trainers (Regional) – a copy of the application form can be downloaded here
- Understanding Sexual Abuse
- Working with Disguised Compliance
- Working with Resistant Families
- Young Carers – Recognition and Support
– Domestic Abuse training is available through Workforce Development – internal council staff or external staff
– Forced Marriage and Honour Based Violence training – internal council staff or external staff
– FGM e-learning training is available externally via the home office. You can apply for this via their website www.fgmelearning.co.uk
– Human Trafficking and Modern Day Slavery training is available through Workforce Development – internal council staff or external staff
– Named Person/DSL training (Education) – Please contact the school governor’s service who provide this training – email@example.com
Monday 9th October – Friday 13th October is Safeguarding Week 2017 – please see the Safeguarding Week section of our website for further details.
There will also be various practice forums and briefing sessions being put on throughout the year which will be advertised via your agency training reps.
Anyone applying for our face to face courses must have done our ‘Awareness of Child Abuse and Neglect’ e-learning package or some form of face to face basic child protection training in the last 2-3 years. Please see the course flyer/schedule for any other individual course pre-requisites.
Booking your place
Please fill in our online booking form to apply for a course. Your booking will be confirmed by e-mail from the BSCB Training Unit.
Most courses run from 9.30am to 4.30pm, with registration from 9am and our half day courses 9.30am to 12.30pm. This will be stated on the course flyer and confirmation e-mail. Please ensure you can attend the whole course prior to booking.
Course Cancellation Charging Policy – please see document for further details.
For any further queries, please contact: