The Multi-Agency Child Protection Training Schedule offers a range of courses. Details of these courses are available below.
Course Flyers – April 2018-March 2019
- Allegations Management (Managers training)
- Child Protection Conferences and Core Groups. Applying Signs of Safety in Practice.
- Child Sexual Exploitation – a Resilience Approach for Families
- Neglect: Can you recognise it and what should you do?
- Safeguarding Analysis and Assessment Training (SAAF)
- Safeguarding Children & Young People – A Shared Responsibility
- Safer Recruitment (Managers training)
- Training for Trainers (Regional) – a copy of the application form can be downloaded here
- Understanding Child Sexual Abuse
- Working with Disguised Compliance
- Working with Resistant Families
Other training available through our partners or nationally
- CAMHS universal training – FREE training available for the non-mental-health-trained child and adolescent workforce.
- Channel General Awareness training (e-learning)
- Domestic Abuse training – internal council staff or external staff
- Domestic Abuse – Through the Eyes of a Child – internal council staff or external staff
- Education DSL/Named Person training – Please contact the school governor’s service who provide this training.
- FGM e-learning training is available free of charge via the home office.
- Forced Marriage and Honour Based Violence training – internal council staff or external staff
- Human Trafficking and Modern Day Slavery training – internal council staff or external staff
- Prevent awareness e-learning
- Suicide Awareness training – A FREE online course to help spot the warning signs and help safeguard someone contemplating suicide.
Monday 25th to Friday 29th June is Safeguarding Week 2018 – please see the Safeguarding Week section of our website for further details.
There will also be various practice forums and briefing sessions being put on throughout the year which will be advertised via your agency training reps and on the events section of our website
Anyone applying for our face to face courses must have done our ‘Awareness of Child Abuse and Neglect’ e-learning package or some form of face to face basic child protection training in the last 2-3 years. Please see the course flyer/schedule for any other individual course pre-requisites.
Booking your place
Please click the relevant link below to the Learn and Develop /Evolve website to log in/create an account and use the search field in the top right hand corner to find the course you wish to book on.
Please note to access the course booking system you will need to use an up to date Internet Explorer browser 10 or above or Google Chrome.
External employees (and any casual council staff or those without a bradford.gov e-mail)
Please note – external users will need to sign up/sign into their account before being able to view accurate places available as each course is set into allocations for the individual agencies so will only show once it knows where you work. If the course date you want is full you can e-mail us to be placed on the waiting list.
Most courses run from 9.30am to 4.30pm, with registration from 9am and our half day courses 9.30am to 12.30pm. This will be stated on the course flyer and confirmation e-mail. Please ensure you can attend the whole course prior to booking.
Course Cancellation Charging Policy – please see document for further details.
For any further queries, please contact:
Rachael Hammond or Michelle Jones