Faith-based groups and places of worship play a major role in the lives of many children and young people in the District. This means safeguarding must be a key consideration in all faith settings.
We look at how to approach safeguarding from within the beliefs, teachings and cultural context of faith communities.
Bradford Council Diversity and Cohesion Service
Bradford Council’s diversity and cohesion service is to be recognised nationally for its work in promoting safeguarding and community cohesion within the district’s supplementary schools.
Diversity and Cohesion takes responsibility for promoting race equality, diversity and community cohesion through education. This includes:
- provision of continuing professional development in citizenship and community cohesion, race equality and religious and cultural diversity for teachers
- curriculum support and development
- monitoring and reporting racial harassment
- support for supplementary schools
- the implementation of the Race Relations Amendment Act, The UK Equality Act 2010, The Schools White Paper 2010 and Ofsted Inspection Proposals for 2012
Resources for faith settings
The NSPCC have produced resource to support faith based groups with Safeguarding, which includes films on safeguarding in different faiths. More information.